[CLUE-Talk] Hatch Takes Aim at Illegal Downloading

black at galaxy.silvren.com black at galaxy.silvren.com
Wed Jun 18 08:12:01 MDT 2003

I saw that yesterday and it struck me as well.

Why is it that common sense seems to evaporate whenever congressman and
associated lawmakers talk about the Internet? Why do they have to put the
words "e-" and "cyber" in front of every concept and term dealing with
computers and the Internet?

*lots of hand wringing*

This appears to be totally absurd. Maybe someone who agrees with this
logic can step forward and explain it to me. We already have laws that
make this illegal - adding property destruction to them doesn't seem very
effectual or necessary.