[CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

Alex Young ayoung at email.com
Tue Jun 24 07:31:18 MDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:14:08 -0600
To: clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: Re: [CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:43:31 -0600
> "Gary Threlkeld" <gthrelk at attbi.com> wrote:
>
> > From: "Jed S. Baer" <thag at frii.com>
>
> > > So, how much are folks paying, annually, for their domains -- complete
> > > with DNS? I see godaddy.com is charging $8.95/yr. I've seen other
> > > hosting companies in the $10-13 range, and I've assumed they include
> > > DNS with that. godaddy.com, for example, doesn't list any "extra
> > > charges".

> > Godaddy seems to be especially responsive to domain name
> > registrations - being that they are known for the volume they
> > process.  They also seem to be aggressive with other services
> > like domain forwarding/masking.  I've yet to be disappointed
> > with them and they are responsive to customer service requests
>
> So, the $8.95 is all-inclusive then? You can verify that?

Yes.  I own and run several domains, and the services and customer service I receive from godaddy.com is on par with network solutions.
The 8.95 figure is for new domains.   Transfers are even lower priced.
They do offer a lot of extra services such as SMTP, hosting, and pop-up blocking, but if you just say no to these offers, it is a great registar in my opinion.