[CLUE-Talk] How much to pay for domain service.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Jun 25 19:16:06 MDT 2003

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:45:25 -0600
Kirk Rafferty <kirk at fpcc.net> wrote:

> In any case, my point is this: Read and understand the registration
> agreements, figure out what the hidden (if any) charges are, and try to
> get a sense of what kind of help to expect if you need it.  Pricing
> should be the absolute last thing to base your decision on.  It should
> be, at best, the tie-breaker.  Even $30/year is pocket-change when it
> comes down to the real value of your domain.

Pocket change is relative. If I were still making the big Oracle
consultant bucks, I wouldn't even blink at my ISP's charges. But now,
instead of a near-new Toyota 4Runner, I'm driving a 20 year old Subaru,
and I can barely afford that. In fact, if I don't find another job when
this construction thing I'm doing now is over, I met sell it.

I don't know what the "real value" of a vanity domain is, anyway.

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl