[CLUE-Talk] Difficulty locating a part

Chris Terry tuba_man at attbi.com
Thu Jun 26 08:03:52 MDT 2003

Morning everyone.  Do any of you know of any small-order suppliers of
DRAM chips?  I'm looking at modifiying my mp3 player (Archos Jukebox) by
adding some additional buffer space.  The pertinent details are:

    * 8MB DRAM
    * organized as 4M x 16
    * contained in a 50 TSOP-II case
    * powered at 3.3V
    * supporting FPM and alternatively EDO
    * with 4k refresh cycles.

The site lists a GM71VS65163CLT5 as the most compatible chip available,
but from a German supplier.  I guess the real question is, does anyone
know of a US-based suppler that will work with small orders?

BTW, if you are interested, there is a page detailing the mod at
http://waechter.wiz.at/~matthias/Rockbox/HW-Mod/8MB/