[CLUE-Talk] Memory upgrade for older laptop

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 18 06:11:45 MST 2003

Thanks for the tip, which I will use in the future.

Actually MicroCenter went there and looked it up when I walked in with the
laptop to buy the memory. Crucial's website gave a part number but didn't
indicate exactly what it was except 64MB. I couldn't ever find the spec
sheet on the part number?? BTW the part number was CT198421. They gave me an
EDO SODIMM but it didn't work, it was 100MHz. I then dug some more and found
the Toshiba spec sheet which indicates 64MB EDO DRAM 3.3V. The EDO I bought
at MicroCenter didn't say anywhat the voltage that DIMM was, and I tried to
find the part number on the manufacturers website, nothing. I took the part
back and they called Laptop Express -- they said that model takes some hard
to find type of RAM and their supplier is currently out of stock. They are
only manufacturing 64's now. So if I want a 128 I would have to find it
used.

So I decided to give it a whirl and see if anyone on this list might know of
someone....

Rita