[CLUE-Talk] Charlie Daniels comments, article about Saddam's sons.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Mar 23 13:42:43 MST 2003

On 23 Mar 2003 12:59:25 -0700
"David Willson" <dlwillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:

> Thanks.  I'll be forwarding this around.
>
> On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 11:46, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > On 23 Mar 2003 10:59:46 -0700
> > "David Willson" <dlwillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> >
> > > Kevin,
> > >
> > > This is an interesting article, and I am tempted to believe every
> > > word of it, but before I do, is there any supporting evidence or
> > > outside corroboration of these facts?
> >
> > Stories re. the attrocities of the Hussein regime abound. One article
> > I read recently cited Amnesty International as a source, perhaps not
> > for all of the incidents described in the Maxim article.
> >
> > Try doing a web search for "Hussein plastic shredder" for a firsthand
> > account of only one method.
> >
> > Here's an interesting article:
> > http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2003/03/23/do2305.xml&sSheet=/opinion/2003/03/23/ixop.html

The thing which is most interesting to me is the fact that it seems as if
it's only recently that the story of the Hussien regime's barbarity is
gaining widespread exposure. Certainly, we all know about how he gassed
the Kurds, and none of this information has been hidden under a barrel,
but it seems to have been mostly off the U.S. public's radar screen (the
world's?). So why is it that it takes the onset of war to focus the
spotlight of public attention on stuff like this?

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl