[CLUE-Talk] Gibberish in spam messages

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Mar 25 23:45:02 MST 2003

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:47:30 -0700
"Warren" <warren at guano.org> wrote:

> I didn't think of that, but I guess it's possible.  On the other hand,
> once you have information on who's reporting spam and are savvy enough
> to mine that data, then what do you do with it?  I don't think that
> there are any SQL gurus among the spamming crowd.  I imagine that
> putting a spammer in a room full of chimpanzees lowers the average IQ
> in that room by a few points.

I just can't resist posting this link for a job in Denver:

http://www.databasesystems.computerjobs.com/job_display.aspx?jobid=1480557&siteid=134&sort=pd&view=s&searchid=48255633&page=1&published=

Yeah, maybe it isn't a spam company. But "web scraping" sure makes you
wonder, eh?

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl