[CLUE-Talk] [Fwd: MRC Alert Special: ABC's War News Touts Doubt and Dissent]

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Wed Mar 26 07:43:33 MST 2003

On Tuesday, 25 March 2003 at 22:47:58 -0700, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
<clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> Unlike the right-wingers, I don't have a problem with people exercising
> free speech -- even when they like to twist the facts as much as these
> folks. I won't call them traitors or cast aspersions on their patriotism
> even though they're doing their level best to silence dissent that is
> constitutionally protected. But, I'm just as free to call them on their
> bias as they are to spew it. So...you can pretty much expect me to play
> "watchdog" whenever Kevin feels the need to pollute the CLUE-talk list
> with trash from MRC.

Ok, I can't let that one slide through.

Give me an example of the "right-wingers" who are calling the protesters
traitors.  And while you are at it, please tell me what they are doing
to silence the dissent.

I have not heard anyone from the Bush administration calling the
protesters traitors or questioning their patriotism.  In fact, I have
seen several occaisions where Bush, Rumsfeld, and Powell have each
stated that the protesters were simply exercising their constitutionally
protected right to free speech.

I even tuned into that evil bastion of right-wing filth, Rush Limbaugh,
one day last week.  He wasn't calling them traitors or questioning their
patriotism, either.  Granted, he was questioning why so many people were
participating in ani-war rallies funded and organized by organizations
with strong ties to self-described marxist organizations like the
Workers World Party.

Here is a "right-wing" media story about that:

There is trash on both sides of the political spectrum.  Please don't
pollute CLUE-talk with any lefty trash in your attempts to police for
right-wing trash.

--
Allons Rouler!

Randy