It is all about Oil [WAS Re: [CLUE-Talk] Traitors, Cowards, Scoundrels, and Intelligent Dissenters]

David Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Mon Mar 31 21:09:29 MST 2003

Whoa.  "our own spy agency, the CIA, said there
is ABSOLUTELY no link between Al Qaeida and 9/11" ???  Really?  Who the
Hell did it then?

I have to ask this question, because in all the dissent, I don't think
I've picked up the answer to it yet, and I've been listening.  I'm not
asking  to debate the point.  In fact, I promise not to debate, but I'm
dying to know what the other side thinks.  What do YOU (the anti-Bush /
anti-war crowd) think should be done to solve the problem Hussein and
his boys?  Nevermind that you think it is a rationalization for a
moment, the problem is real, whether or not it fits someone's agenda.
What is it that YOU think we should be doing?  Nothing, or have you got
a better plan?  I've got it loud and clear that you think we SHOULDN'T
be bombing his head in, but I have been unable to determine what the
discerning, non-violent man thinks we SHOULD be doing.  So, all kidding
and cheap-shots aside for the time being, here's your podium, what's
your plan?

-----Original Message-----
From: clue-talk-admin at clue.denver.co.us
[mailto:clue-talk-admin at clue.denver.co.us] On Behalf Of Jeffery Cann
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 3:58 PM
To: clue-talk at clue.denver.co.us
Subject: Re: It is all about Oil [WAS Re: [CLUE-Talk] Traitors, Cowards,
Scoundrels, and Intelligent Dissenters]

On Saturday 29 March 2003 08:31 am, Randy Arabie wrote:

> In making such statements you are implying that the 70%** of the
> American people who support the war to disarm Iraq and liberate it's
> people are in fact a bunch of useful idiots who have been duped into
> supporting the worlds largest armed robbery.

That's exactly what I think - that the majority of Americans (who are
not
idiots, BTW) were duped by the Bush administration.

I think you give the average American way too much credit for
discernment and
logical reasoning.  They are easily swayed by statements from their
leaders.
Most of the Americans do not read widely like everyone who subscribes to
this
email list.  Most Americans do not think critically about what their
leaders
tell them.  They simply shrug and say, 'Well, if the President says it
is
true, it must be.  So, I better be patriotic and "support the troops".'

The Bush administration has lied about the following reasons for going
to war:

1)  Iraq has nuclear weapons which they revised to:
1a)  Iraq has raw materials for making nuclear weapons, which they
revised to:
1b)  Iraq INTENDS to get raw materials to INTEND to make nuclear
weapons,
which was finally revised to:
1c)  Dick Cheney saying on Meet The Press that Mohammed Al Baradi, the
chief
nuclear weapons inspector is 'wrong' about the nuclear weapons / raw
materials / intent of the Iraqi government.

Then the Bush administration told us:
2)  Saddam supports terrorists
2a)  9/11 was committed by terrorists
2b) Therefore .... (they didn't say anything, but the 70% of country
filled in
the blank)

This leap in logic was made even after our own spy agency, the CIA, said
there
is ABSOLUTELY no link between Al Qaeida and 9/11.

The third lie is that the USA must bring lasting peace to the middle
east by
invading Iraq.  This is not even supported by by any claims.  Just
stated as
fact.  How do we know this?  How can the Bush administration possibly
predict
the future of the middle east if Iraq becomes a 'democracy'?  It's
preposterous and arrogant to think that you can control the future and
the
actions of 300 million people who live in the middle east.

The ONLY reason the Bush administration even talks about human rights
atrocities committed by Saddam is because most people are against it.
So,
they can use it to drum up support for their unjust war.

I think Hermann Goering said it best (as I pointed out in a previous
thread).
Herman Goering was one of the highest-ranking military leaders from the
Nazi
party who survived WW2.  So, it seems that he has some experience in
manipulating the common citizen.

After WW2, he described how easy it is to MANIPULATE common people in to

supporting a war. The entire quote is in another thread but here is the
most
relevant portion:

"... but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the
bidding
of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are
being
attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing
the
country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

Sounds vaguely familiar to me...  But let me point out how I think the
Bush
Admistration did this:

1)  America is under attack by terrorists.  (fact)
2)  Saddam Hussein is a bad guy who supports terrorists.  (fact)
3)  To alleviate the threat of terrorism, we must eliminate Saddam
Hussien's
regime.  (not a fact, but it sounds plausible)  Here's the corrollaries:
  3a) Elimitating Saddam will lead to lasting peace in the middle east
(not a
fact and highly unlikely according to most middle east experts)
  3b) This will free the Iraqi people from a brutal dictator  (fact)

So, the average person thinks, 'Hmm, maybe the President is right.  We
must go
to war.  We must kill Saddam Hussien.'  Unfortunately, the Bush
administration thinks they can predict the future of the middle east
after
Iraq is 'liberated'.  Many people who HAVE thought about it think it is
a bad
idea.  The fact that 70% of the people agree with Bush indicates that
they
either:
  a) belive that the President and our armed forces can control the
future
- OR -
  b) haven't thought about the consequences of the actions of our
government

Regardless of the reason they (i.e., the 70% who support this unjust
war) have
been duped, IMHO

I think the longer this war goes on, the more people will begin to see
the
truth.

My 0.03.

--