It is all about Oil [WAS Re: [CLUE-Talk] Traitors, Cowards, Scoundrels, and Intelligent Dissenters]

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sat Mar 29 16:21:08 MST 2003

On 03-29 09:31, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 08:31, Randy Arabie wrote:
> > I'm really, really sick of hearing this:
> >
> > On Saturday, 29 March 2003 at  7:36:31 -0700, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:
> >
> > "... - the administration is after the oil, end of story."
> >
> > Joe, there have been a number of claims, but nothing proven.  None, zip,
> > nada, zero.  The evidence isn't any more substantial than the evidence
> > that links Iraq to terrorism.
>
> Watch and see what happens when this plays out, Randy. Of course
> nothing's been "proven" because it HASN'T HAPPENED YET. Yet there are
> plenty of facts to suggest that the administration is going after the
> oil, and damn few to suggest otherwise.

*snip*

George Will has some words about this "it's all about oil" argument:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/ThisWeek/Politics/george_will_030302.html

Of course he's conservative, but that doesn't change the fact about where we
get the most of our oil from. I'd sooner believe the "it's a distraction
from the economy" or the "it's about revenge for his father" hypotheses.

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
God gives the nuts, but he does not crack them.
-German Proverb