[CLUE-Talk] Why SCO still sucks...

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier clue at dissociatedpress.net
Fri May 2 17:51:09 MDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 22:12, Jeffery Cann wrote:
> http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-999371.html?tag=fd_lede1_hed

I blogged a bit about this here:
http://www.corante.com/openmind/20030501.shtml#32547

I'm curious -- does anyone actually believe that SCO has a case? I can't
wait for this to get to court where SCO actually has to produce some
evidence of their claims.

The waiting is bugging the shit out of me... I'll be stunned if SCO
turns up evidence of WMD, er, stolen code in Linux. But, I want to see
this evidence for myself.

What I expect is that they will go to court and largely claim that
someone "stole" particular ideas from UnixWare and re-worked them. (See!
They support SMP, and so does UnixWare! They stole it! So what if the
code is different, and better, than ours.) I sincerely hope that the
judge will see through this and summarily dismiss the case.

Oh, just saw this: SCO has been hit with a DDoS:
http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/03/05/02/2328217.shtml?tid=19

And they will "revoke" IBM's license to AIX on June 13:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/02/1051382077175.html

This is particularly galling:
"We find it interesting that IBM took 60 days to file an answer to SCO's
complaint with a boilerplate response. The response is short on details
and gives little evidence of why they have denied the vast majority of
SCO's claims."

Maybe if there was something concrete to refute, they would have done
so...

I sincerely wish there was a way that I could support SCO even less than
I do now.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier