[CLUE-Talk] Why SCO still sucks...

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri May 2 19:32:21 MDT 2003

On 02 May 2003 17:51:09 -0600
"Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <clue at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> What I expect is that they will go to court and largely claim that
> someone "stole" particular ideas from UnixWare and re-worked them. (See!
> They support SMP, and so does UnixWare! They stole it! So what if the
> code is different, and better, than ours.) I sincerely hope that the
> judge will see through this and summarily dismiss the case.

"We're finding...cases where there is line-by-line code in the Linux
kernel that is matching up to our UnixWare code," McBride said in an
interview. In addition, he said, "We're finding code that looks likes it's
been obfuscated to make it look like it wasn't UnixWare code--but it was."

http://www.bakutoday.net/view.php?d=4239

jed
--
I wouldn't even think about bribing a rottweiler with a steak that
didn't weigh more than I do. -- Jason Earl