[CLUE-Talk] Possible donations

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 10:33:52 MDT 2003

Hello everyone:

I would like to approach a few companies to ask for donations of used
computers for our school. Anyone out there know of any companies replacing
computer equipment?

We rely almost entirely on computer donations to fill the technology needs
in our school. This school is a hybrid charter/magnet school and therefore
does not have the technology budget or the backing of a school district
technology department.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would love to obtain about
30 newer machines (minimum PII 400 with 128MB RAM) for our technology lab.
The contributions would be tax deductible and we would provide the company
with the appropriate documentation. Our biggest need is monitors. I would
LOVE to have some monitors that are less than 6 years old -- 15" would be
fine.

BTW, these machines will be used to run a local Linux install, or as LTSP
terminals -- perhaps "dual" use machines also.

TIA for any suggestions,

Rita Gibson
Rocky Mountain School of Expeditionary Learning
Technology Support