[CLUE-Talk] computer disposal

Kirk Rafferty kirk at fpcc.net
Tue May 20 10:11:10 MDT 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 09:34:58AM -0600, Ski Dawg wrote:
> I am looking for place (preferably free) where I can dispose of some
> old, non-working monitors and computers. Is there such a place around?

Try the Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials in Boulder.  It's not free,
but I doubt you'll be able to find a free and legal place to dispose of
them:

http://www.ecocycle.org/charm/index.cfm

Prices:

    * Cellular Phones: NO CHARGE
    * Computer Monitors: $10
    * Computer Towers/ CPUs: $8
    * Computer Printers/ Scanners, etc.: $8 each
    * Keyboards, Mice, Cables, etc: NO CHARGE
    * VCR's: $8
    * Fax Machine: $8
    * Desktop Copiers: $8
    * TV's 19" or Smaller: $10
    * TV's Larger Than 19": $15
    * Large Copiers: 26 cents per pound
    * Ink Jet and Laser Jet Printer Cartridges: NO CHARGE
    * Plastic Bags with a #2 or #4 (e.g. plastic dry cleaner bags,
      grocery bags, and newspaper bags): NO CHARGE
    * Books & Manuals: NO CHARGE

Dell also has a recycling program, but you have to mail it to them
(they will take non-Dell stuff), and there's a charge on top of that.  I
don't have the URL handy, but you can probably find it off their home page.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Kirk