[CLUE-Talk] tonight's meeting

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Tue May 20 22:34:23 MDT 2003

robert anselmi wrote:

>On Tuesday 20 May 2003 07:50 am, you wrote:
>

>>How many people are planning on coming tonight to talk about building a
>>distribution from scratch?  Hopefully we can start planning how to do this.
>>And explain to people why anyone would want to do this.
>>

>>I'm probably going to rebuild one system again using the Pure LFS documents
>>as a guideline.  I want to try using a build engine instead of my old
>>scripts.
>>
>>And if you haven't noticed, they have started integrating Pure LFS into the
>>LFS book.  Some of the questions on the LFS mailing list regarding the
>>process are quite instructive.
>>
>>I talked to one person after last week's meeting and it sounds like this
>>might be something he needs.  I don't know if this means there is already
>>some interest out there.
>>

>I would love to come. Where was the meeting? Did I miss it ? and what does
>LFS mean? Usually in proper English an abreviation is spelled out before it
>is used.

We met tonight but you can join us on June 3 at 7PM at Battky Howell.

LFS stands for Linux From Scratch (see www.linuxfromscratch.org for
details), which is a project where you build
a Linux system from scratch.  We've done that in the study group and now
we're looking at automating the build process that can be used
to build a distro.