[CLUE-Talk] re: good karma

Jason S. Friedman jason at powerpull.net
Sat May 24 13:20:25 MDT 2003

Excellent idea, sign me up as a volunteer.

I might also add a suggestion.  Boys & Girls Club is nationwide, no?  The website could include search functionality:  enter a zip code and get a list of volunteers, with the closest volunteers listed first.  A kid might be able to line up local help or, at the least, avoid a long-distance phone call.  The website could list the volunteers preferred hours and could also collect feedback, such as how helpful the volunteer was or even whether the volunteer returned the call at all.  (Not returning calls might prompt the administrator to temporarily remove the volunteer from the list.)

Not all of the above may be advisable.  Anyway, if the searching part is interesting I've already written the code that does it.