[CLUE-Talk] Another Bush lie

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at americanisp.net
Sat Nov 1 10:53:50 MST 2003

On 10-31 21:47, Kevin Cullis wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 05:31, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 22:03, Kevin Cullis wrote:

> Joe, Joe, Joe, you mean to tell me that you've got such a narrow view of
> the world that the meaning of the "end of hostilities" means that NO
> MORE killing will be assured?  And what will it mean if they did admit
> that hostilities were NOT over?  That they made a mistake going in there
> in the first place?  That they need to pull out and let Saddam achieve
> power again, because he's not in American hands?

That reminds me. When and where did Bush actually claim the end of
hostilities or the like? I heard a conservative talk show host make the
claim that Bush never said that...that he said it's the end of "major combat
operations". I did some googling for the phrase "end of hostilities" and
found a few hits, but those stories never showed a quote using "end of
hostilities" - it was in the title of the article itself.

When I did another search for "major combat operations", I found this:

http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/press_rel/bush-endiraq.html

Does anyone have a link to a transcript of when Bush said the "war is over",
or the "end of hostilities" has arrived, etc.? I do see a reference to Ari
Fleischer saying "... this is not, from a legal point of view, the end of
hostilities." I only ask this because I'd like to clear this up for myself.

I don't want to sound insensitive to the lives being lost in Iraq, but how
many police officers do we lose here on a daily basis? I'm not asking that
rhetorically; I really don't know....but if it's on par with deaths in
Iraq...should we "pull out" of the U.S. based on that?

Also, has anyone seen this? It's rather old, but....

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110003991

I'm not convinced things are going as swimmingly as some conservative
sources say, and I have some reservations about why we went in the first
place, but I don't believe the dark and dire rantings of some on the left,
either. The so-called very un-liberal-leaning press seems bent on reporting
even when soldiers get *hurt*, and of course when they die, then that's to
be reported in full glory, along with a running headcount to date....

Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc at americanisp.net
http://users.americanisp.net/~seanleblanc/
Get MLAC at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mlac/
I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am. It's
just the drunker I sit here the longer I get.