[CLUE-Talk] RH end-of-life

Kirk Rafferty kirk at fpcc.net
Tue Nov 4 08:16:00 MST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 04:38:23AM -0700, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm doing a piece for LWN on the end-of-life for Red Hat Linux
> "consumer" products. I'm kind of curious -- for the RH users on the
> list, are you planning on switching to Fedora, or to another Linux
> distro? What are your thoughts on the situation? Is this a smart move
> for RH, etc.
>
> Not sure if I will use comments in the story, but I am curious to see
> what other folks think about the situation.

We plan to upgrade several of our core servers to RH Enterprise, although
this isn't a reaction to RHL end-of-life.  We've been planning it for
awhile.  For support servers, we're probably going to go with Fedora, once
there's an "official" stable release.  On the off-chance that Fedora
doesn't do it for us, we may look at KRUD, or perhaps Novell...er...SuSe. :)

-k