[CLUE-Talk] RH end-of-life

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Nov 4 10:34:32 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 10:24, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Hey, even Matthew Szulik says that Windoze is probably the best choice for
> a desktop system:

Geez, with friends like these...

Maybe I'm just expecting different things than the "average consumer."
My first computer was a 486/33 running MS-DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.11, it
was a royal pain to install a soundcard or modem with that, but I
managed it. I suffered the same type of pain when I "upgraded" to
Windows 95, and had issues when I "upgraded" to Windows 98... Linux is
the only OS that has ever provided a hassle-free install, though not the
first time I tried it, and I've only purchased one OEM machine with an
OS pre-installed... wait, make that two -- I owned an iMac for about a
year.

I think the main problem is a lack of OEMs, not that Linux isn't
"ready."

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier