[CLUE-Talk] RH end-of-life

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Nov 4 14:12:11 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 10:03, Jed S. Baer wrote:

> As long as I'm continuing to maintain my current primary machine, I'll
> continue using RPMs. Once I get to the point of either upgrading disk
> drives, or getting a whole new machine, I'll probably play with something
> else. Probably Debian or Gentoo.

You might want to try out Yum before abandoning Fedora/RPMs altogether.
I still prefer APT to Yum and Debs to RPMs, but Yum does have some nice
features.

I installed Fedora on two machines when prepping for the LWN piece, and
I'm pleased with it. If they can actually pull off the "community
distro" thing, I think it will be a great developer/end user/small
business distro.

I'm also looking forward to the next release of Xandros. I think it has
a lot of potential for the end user market. I slapped it on my little
brother's machine and he's only had one or two issues -- mostly stuff
like QuickTime movies not wanting to play in via CrossOver Plugin.

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
jzb at dissociatedpress.net