[CLUE-Talk] White Box Linux.

BOF bof at pcisys.net
Tue Nov 18 07:36:21 MST 2003

Here's someone trying to use RHEL 3 as a new version of Linux. From the
website

... this product is forked from the source code for Red Hat's _Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3_ product under the terms and conditions of it's EULA.

White Box Linux's initial creation has been sponsored by the Beauregard
Parish Public Library <http://library.beau.org/> in DeRidder, LA USA out
of self interest. We have several servers and over fifty workstations
running Red Hat Linux and were left high and dry by their recent shift
in business plan. Our choices were a difficult migration to another
distribution or paying RedHat an annual fee greater than the amortized
value of our hardware. So we chose a third path, made possible by the
power of Open Source.... White Box Linux.

More at http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/

BOF