[CLUE-Talk] hardware vendor recommendations sought

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Thu Nov 27 12:01:00 MST 2003

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:42:54 +0000
"Jason S. Friedman" <jason at powerpull.net> wrote:

> I need to replace my existing box, or at least replace the parts that are
> broken.  I'm not sure what parts are broken.  I do know that it's not the hard
> drive, since replacing it did not help.  The symptoms are that the machine
> freezes after running for a period of time, and the intervals between reboots
> are getting shorter.

This sounds a lot like overheating -- have you checked to make sure that the CPU
fan is still functional? Make sure the CPU fan is still running, also that the
PS fan is still fully functional... if this is the case, the fix will be
relatively inexpensive.

You might also check your system logs to see what kind of errors you're getting
before the machine locks up. It might also help do know what hardware you have
(CPU, RAM, video card, motherboard, etc.) in case others have had similar
problems...

Zonker
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier -=- jzb at dissociatedpress.net
http://www.DissociatedPress.net/