[CLUE-Talk] Bruce Peren's talk

Lynn Danielson lynnd at techangle.com
Thu Oct 9 14:53:41 MDT 2003

Jed S. Baer wrote:

>Jeff Cann wrote:
>
>>I personally will consider debian unstable a more viable option than my
>>current Red Hat workstations, after learning about the Advanced Server
>>closed license.
>>
>I definitely want to hear more on the RH thing. I'm actually surprised
>that it hasn't gotten more attention. I have Newsforge, Slashdot, and LWN
>(among others) in my RSS feed, and I haven't seen any coverage of their
>NDA requirement for their enterprise edition (or didn't notice it).

Talking with Bruce after the meeting he said that it was the AS
Service Bulletins that had an NDA associated with them.  So,
from what I understood, it's not the software that has the NDA.
But these bulletins can apparently be about any software on a
RedHat system, not just RedHat proprietary stuff.  We just got
in a number of new servers that will be running AS at work.  I'm
going to try to find out more about these service bulletins and
sign up for them.  I'll report back what I can after that.  If someone
has already been through this, I'd like to hear from you.

Lynn