[CLUE-Talk] The military takes a cue from Microsoft

Randy Arabie randy at arabie.org
Mon Oct 13 12:15:58 MDT 2003

On Sunday, 12 October 2003 at 10:42:14 -0600, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb at dissociatedpress.net> wrote:

> What's done is done -- we can't take back the Iraq war, but we can do
> the right thing and turn Iraq over to the U.N. and Bush can admit that
> he lied repeatedly to push for this action. Until that happens, I will
> continue to bash Bush because the son-of-a-bitch lied through his teeth
> and hundreds of American soldiers and thousands of Iraqis have died
> because of it.

Bush lied through his teeth?

I'm sorry, I must disagree.  I'm tired of hearing people
assert that, as if it were a fact.

It isn't.

With regard to doing the right thing.  I think the right
thing to do is move foreward with rebuilding Iraq.  That's
what $20 billion of the $87 billion dollar request for money
is earmarked for.  $60 billion is going to pay for the US
troops there.

Compare those costs.  The sooner the rebuilding is done, the
sooner our troops can come home.  It costs a lot more to
keep troops there than it does to rebuild.
--

Allons Rouler!

Randy
http://www.arabie.org/