[CLUE-Talk] The military takes a cue from Microsoft

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Oct 13 21:30:02 MDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:01:33 -0600
Jeff Cann <j.cann at isuma.org> wrote:

> On Monday 13 October 2003 8:32 pm, Jed S. Baer wrote:
> > > When you hear about things like this, it really brings into question
> > > whether you can trust anything coming from the Bush administration.
> >
> > http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/World/iraq031013_letters-1.html
> >
> > <quote>
> > [Lt. Colonel] Caraccilo wrote that his staff drafted the letter, he
> > edited it and reviewed it and then offered it to the soldiers. "Every
> > soldier who signed that letter did so after a careful read," he said.
> > "Some, who could find the time, decided to send their own versions,
> > while others chose not to take part in the initiative."
> > </quote>
> >
> > jed
>
> Just because some Lt. Colonel wrote a letter saying that everything is
> peachy keen in Iraq seems pretty lame when I read this on Google News
> (from tomorrows' Gulf Daily News):
>
> <quote>Three American soldiers and an Iraqi were killed yesterday
> (10/13/03) in fresh violence in Iraq as several people were arrested
> following a Baghdad bomb blast a day earlier that killed eight
> people.</quote>
>
> http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/Articles.asp?Article=64158&Sn=WORL
>
> Who you gonna' believe?

Hey, I was just passing on some info, on the subject of whether this was
something coming from the administration.

War sucks. The aftermath sucks. No, I don't think it's "peachy keen" that
U.S troops are getting killed in guerilla actions in Iraq. But I don't
blame Bush for the actions of the Baathists, or Fedayeen, or whoever it is
that's behind such actions, either.

jed