[CLUE-Talk] Another Bush lie

Alex Young ayoung at email.com
Wed Oct 29 07:51:20 MST 2003

> I couldn't resist sending this to the list: If you haven't caught this
> before now, Bush was caught in a lie about the "Mission Accomplished"
> banner displayed on the Navy Ship he landed on for his little photo-op
> stunt following "the end of hostilities" in Iraq.
>
> Dubya claimed "The "Mission Accomplished" sign, of course, was put up by
> the members of the USS Abraham Lincoln..."
>
> The Navy, however, confirmed that the sign was produced by the White
> House -- not by anyone on the Abraham Lincoln.
>
> See here:
> http://www.mediawhoresonline.com/
>
> And here:
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20031028/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_mission_accomplished_1
>
> Y'know, if the man can't be trusted to admit something like this, I
> really don't think that he's fit to be making policy decisions about
> going to war...

I especially like those remarks in light of this quote from his speech on the carrier that day:

"The battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September 11, 2001, and still goes on."

To me, "victory" sounds a lot like "Mission Accomplished".

-Alex
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers