[CLUE-Talk] RE: Ricochet on Red Hat?

Sterling, Willard Willard.Sterling at experianems.com
Wed Oct 29 10:30:07 MST 2003

I have the USB modem and as soon as I plugged it in the kernel recognized it
and loaded the ACM driver.
Oct 21 18:12:13 icebox /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: Setup acm for USB product
870/1/100
Oct 21 18:12:13 icebox kernel: usb.c: registered new driver acm
Oct 21 18:12:13 icebox kernel: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
Oct 21 18:12:13 icebox kernel: acm.c: v0.21:USB Abstract Control Model
driver for USB modems and ISDN adapters

My only problem was that I didn't have the needed node in /dev so I ran
"mknod /dev/usb/ttyACM0 c 166 0"  To connect I made the following wvdial
config

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/usb/ttyACM0
Baud = 115200
SetVolume = 2
Dial Command = ATDT
Init1 = ATZ
Username = b
Password = b
Phone = 3333

and run wvdial with "sudo nohup wvdial --config ~/wvdial.conf &"  I'm still
working on getting it to come up on boot with
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.

I'm going to CC this to the list also so it's archived.  When I was trying
to find info all I found were instructions using the usb-serial driver which
in my case was just over complicating things.