[CLUE-Talk] Learning Linux?

robert anselmi ranselmi at americanisp.net
Wed Oct 29 15:32:07 MST 2003

I don't know how computer savy your friend is but if he wants to start with
the basics there is an O'Reilly book "Running Linux" which is very basic. It
is in its 3rd edition. If I had to start over, I would start there. Then I
would get a knoppix disk. Since that is bootable, he can play around with it
and see if he likes it. Then he can get a distro (I recomend getting one with
an instruction book specifically for that distro).  That's my ho.
Bob