[CLUE-Talk] Linux/Unix Job Market Prerequisites

MYlilALIEN mylilalien at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 20 12:47:54 MDT 2003

Hi Group,

  I am a college student and a Linux/Unix enthusiast.  I wanted to get
some opinions on prerequisites for the Linux/Unix job market now and in
the near future.  For a Linux/Unix System Administrator type job, do you
think it is better to have a generic bachelors of Computer Science?, or
more specialized certifications like Metro State's Unix System
Administration certificate?, or even Linux+/Security+/Network+, RHCE, LPI
certifications?  Maybe even a combination of all of the above.  Basically,
what is required to get in the door?  What can be left for continued
education after a decent job is found?  Thank you in advance for any input
:)

-Daniel