[CLUE-Talk] Looks like our brains match \w+

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier jzb at dissociatedpress.net
Tue Sep 23 09:12:42 MDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 08:51, Jef Barnhart wrote:
> Teh one thing that I have been getting used to id the misspelling of
> teh.

I was somewhat discouraged to see this study -- it just provides one
more excuse for people who don't bother to spellcheck.

The whole "the == teh" thing has been driving me nuts. My youngest
brother thinks it's cool/funny/whatever to misspell "the" and his
writing is littered with "teh" -- and I've noticed it a lot online where
it seems deliberate.

It's only a matter of time before we devolve back to communicating in
pictograms anyway....

Zonker
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier