[CLUE-Talk] linux training

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 24 08:37:43 MDT 2003

I have taken several classes with curriculum designed by Course Technology
( www.course.com ). Many of the Linux titles indicate that the classes are
to be instructor-led, however, I have only used this curriculum in a
"self-paced" situation where there was an instructor available to answer
questions (some basic programming classes).

I really believe that the success of this project will depend on the initial
training. I think this piece is very important. Perhaps Charlie, you might
solicit some volunteers just to put together the basic curriculum. If anyone
else is interested in the course.com curriculum, I will contact them to see
if they will give to us or loan the curriculum for us to evaluate for use in
this project. I do know that they also will customoze curriculum, however,
that might be prohibitive considering this is a volunteer project, and we
don't really have any money. :^)

If you'd like me to contact them, please advise. It never hurts to ask,
sometimes I have been surprised.

Rita