[CLUE-Talk] World Affairs Conference in Boulder This Week.

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Apr 6 18:11:41 MDT 2004

Thought some CLUEbies might find this interesting.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:31:35 -0500
From: Declan McCullagh <declan at well.com>
To: politech at politechbot.com
Subject: [Politech] Politech this week

I'm a bit behind on Politech because I'm spending this week as a speaker
at the Conference on World Affairs in Boulder, Colorado:
http://www.colorado.edu/cwa/

It's an odd and somewhat overwhelming event, with hundreds of speakers
and panels to choose from. Tim Long, for instance, is the co-executive
producer of The Simpsons and spoke yesterday at the same time as film
critic Roger Ebert. (Long said, BTW, that the reason President Bush
has not been satirized as much as Clinton on the show is that an
appearance on the Simpsons is a kind of "homage" to a person, and Bush
is enough of a joke as-is.)

If you're in Boulder or Denver feel free to stop by (literally-- the
conference is open to the public at no charge):
http://www.colorado.edu/cwa/cgi-bin/list_sched.cgi?panelist=481&year=2004

-Declan

--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/