[clue-talk] The War On...?

JD. Brown brownstixzz at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 23:26:06 MST 2004

> JD. Brown wrote:
> > >  I> can't help but think this is another War on Some Drugs in the
> > >  I> making
> >
> > (there aren't enough "criminals", so the gov't declares a new sort of
> > "criminal"

The law is in the eye of the Judge,Senate, and the lucky guy who receives the
payout. Last but not least; The lucky, one time prosecutor and jury who wants
to make a point, thus inducing more pointless laws at hand to deal with.

> Did you really think we want those laws observed?", said Dr. Ferris. "We
> want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch
> of boy scouts you're up against ... We're after power and we mean it ...
> There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is
> the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough
> criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that
> it becomes impossible for men to live wityhout breaking laws. Who wants a
> nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just
> pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or
> objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and
> then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the
> game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.
>  -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

The good ol' statement by Ayn Rand. I love it!

>The guy is facing a possible maximum sentence of 15 years. To compare that
>to actual sentences given in actual cases is a bit disengenuous. Now I
>agree that 15 years for $200,000 (estimated) in damages is excessive. But
>do you think he'll get that on a first offense?

No! But they will make a big deal about nothing. For the public with their IP
litigation campaign.
I have seen 1st time offenders receive a good punch in the face by judges with
moderate jail time, Even for petty non violent crimes.

>Having done research on crime-statistics (for an anti-war-on-drugs speech I
>gave for Public Speaking class), finding stats any more recent then 9-10
>years old is hard at best

Especially, Something so new due to our patent portfolio punks; whom seem to
think, they can use it, at-will for their cause to destroy Linux and other
competition.

In the end. It's all about "Money Talks / B.S. Walks".

JD