[CLUE-Talk] a new note in the usa/iraq tune

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Mon Jan 26 15:39:23 MST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:00:49 -0800 (PST)
bill ehlert <ehlert_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Powell: Possible Iraq Had No Banned Arms
>
> AP  44 minutes ago
>
> By GEORGE GEDDA, Associated Press Writer
>
> TBLISI, Georgia - Secretary of State Colin Powell
> (news - web sites) held out the possibility
> Saturday that prewar Iraq (news - web sites) may
> not have possessed weapons of mass destruction.

Nice of whomever it was to leave out the rest (Via Instapundit)

[ begin quote ]
David Kay, the former head of the coalition's hunt for Iraq's weapons of
mass destruction, yesterday claimed that part of Saddam Hussein's secret
weapons programme was hidden in Syria.

In an exclusive interview with The Telegraph, Dr Kay, who last week
resigned as head of the Iraq Survey Group, said that he had uncovered
evidence that unspecified materials had been moved to Syria shortly before
last year's war to overthrow Saddam.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons," he said. "But we
know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot
of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of
Saddam's WMD programme. Precisely what went to Syria, and what has
happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved."
[ end quote ]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/01/25/wirq25.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/01/25/ixnewstop.html

jed
--