[CLUE-Talk] ms patenting xml ??

Dennis J Perkins djperkins at americanisp.net
Tue Jan 27 07:40:21 MST 2004

I think Abiword and gnumeric also use XML as their native format.  I think
there is plenty of prior art to overturn this.

Are they applying for this patent in the US?  I thought that I had read that
they were trying this in a different country.

The way patents are going, we need some kind of patent court where patents can
be denied if someone shows prior art, without the absurdity of going into
expensive court cases.  Maybe allow a six-month or one-year period for the
showing of prior art after a patent examiner approves it before a patent is
granted?