[CLUE-Talk] a new note in the usa/iraq tune \\ "barbarians"

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Tue Jan 27 16:51:06 MST 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 7:20 am, Randy Arabie wrote:
> However, our system of government outlined in
> the US Constitution is the oldest on the planet.

So, you're saying that those heady Greeks and Romans didn't know anything
about Democracy and Republics?  What about the Magna Carta (1215)?

It's hard to argue that our system of goverment is the oldest.  Perhaps it is
the oldest of the modern era.  But, the ideas contained in our Constitution
were certainly influenced by many previous eras.

Jeff
--
http://isuma.org/