[CLUE-Talk] Hello (A Self-Introduction)

Joseph A. Nagy, Jr. jnagyjr at joseph-a-nagy-jr.homelinux.org
Wed Jun 9 16:23:30 MDT 2004

Just thought I'd say hi. I'm currently running Gentoo ~x86. Was running a
couple of websites and three game servers although I had to take them down
due to lack of resources (MySQL and PostgreSQL are freaking HOGS). I've just
recently begun preperations to acquire a newer, faster machine so I can turn
my current box into a full time server instead of a server/workstation. Of
course I'll be sticking Gentoo on that machine as well.

I'm also working on writing an ebuild for one the games I was running, might
work on an ebuild for the other two after this or I might do an ebuild for
slashcode[0] and LJ (server)[1], depending on how cocky I'm feeling. I'm no
Gentoo expert but I can help with some basic Gentoo related problems (lords
know I've had my share of problems). I also am real good friends with a
member of the Gentoo dev team so if I can't fix it, I can pass notes so to
speak.

I'm using mutt and GPG to sign my emails with PGP/MIME (in accordance with
RFC 2015). mutt, for those of you who don't know, treats messages as a text
attachment. Yes, it's odd, but to be honest I like the set up. Makes the
whole message modular.

Oh yeah, I'm running my own mail server. Exim with procmail and a custom
.muttrc. I've been talking about using SpamAssassin (I have it installed and
have spamd running) along with procmail but have yet to really do anything
more then that. I have all the websites I need to read bookmarked and the
man pages are just a quick click of the keyboard away. Some of you might
find my mail going into a spam folder or being otherwise blocked. That's
Charter and not me and there is nothing I can do about it, sorry.

Although I don't currently live anywhere near Colorado, I plan on moving
there in Late 2005 or early 2006 to be closer to my very lovely fiance who's
a student at CSU. I joined this list so I can get a feel for the people in
the area as well as to start growing my network of contacts for when I do
move there. That about sums it up.

May the source be with you.
--
AIM: pres CTHULHU | ICQ: 18115568 | Yahoo: pagan_prince
Jabber: DarkKnightRadick@(jabber.org|amessage.at) | Libertarian @ Large