[CLUE-Talk] Upcoming Oracle presentations question

Jeff Cann j.cann at isuma.org
Mon Mar 1 05:26:46 MST 2004

On Sunday 29 February 2004 4:01 pm, Nate Duehr wrote:
> I still want to know why they don't officially support Debian Linux.
> (At least the "stable" branch.)

FAQ - (Also, see my response to Jed on which distros)

Why Doesn't Oracle Provide Technical Support For All Linux Distributions?

Oracle's products can be downloaded and installed on any Linux distribution.
Oracle publishes the kernel configuration information so customers may choose
to deploy Oracle on any Linux distribution, including ,one of their own
making. However, because of the indeterminate number of possible
distributions and Oracle's desire to see customers succeed it is necessary to
confine enterprise class support to those distributions that Oracle believes
can be successfully deployed in enterprise class environments. Oracle has
worked closely with Red Hat and UnitedLinux to ensure that their products
meet these criteria. We look forward to the day when other Linux
distributions are able to meet the same demanding standards. Until then,
Oracle will provide direct support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS/ES and
UnitedLinux to ensure the success of our customers who are deploying Linux in
enterprise class environments.

-http://otn.oracle.com/tech/linux/htdocs/linux_techsupp_faq.html#Other_Distributions

--
http://isuma.org/