[CLUE-Talk] distribution of linux

Matt Gushee mgushee at havenrock.com
Wed May 5 17:10:30 MDT 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 11:15:46PM -0400, Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> Actually I know about PLD ;)  Must not be that obscure.  I think most of
> the obscure distros have gotten absorbed into the major distros.  I
> think mostly the obscure distros you find here consist of a tweaked
> major distro (like http://www.tummy.com/krud )

Some people might consider Gentoo (www.gentoo.org) a bit obscure,
but it's certainly distinct from both RedHat and Debian. Also seems very
cool; I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my list.

mgushee at havenrock.com           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)