[CLUE-Talk] Marketing Your Linux Skills

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Fri May 7 15:33:25 MDT 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004 20:21:11 +0000 (UTC)
Angelo Bertolli <angelo at freeshell.org> wrote:

> The only disadvantage to
> that was it implied (to them) that I was afraid someone might modify my
> resume, and I was being quite rigid/paranoid about it.  Go figure.

Given the ways I've seen my resume mangled by search/contract firms, you'd
be right to paranoid. I always take 2 copies of my resume to interviews --
one to refresh my memory, and one for the interviewer.

But, many contract firms like to use their own format for resumes, so that
all resumes from them look the same. I guess they think it makes them look
more professional or organized.

Speaking of resumes and M$, anyone remember the talk awhile ago about "M$
Office Schemas"? It was getting some press about when the Office2003 beta
was announced. One techno-pundit was writing about how a common resume
schema would be a great benefit to the recruiting business. It would
certainly make pigeon-hole keyword searching easier.

jed
--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/