[CLUE-Talk] rdesktop

William bkimball1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 22:22:58 MST 2004

> Dennis J Perkins wrote:
>
> > Has anyone tried using rdesktop to remotely run programs on a Windows
> > box?  Every time I log in with it, the screen on the Windows box
> > disappears and I get a locked message.  If I enter my password on the
> > Windows box, rdesktop will be disconnected.  I want the Windows user
> > to see what I am doing.

This is the normal behavior for Windows XP, which is not a terminal server -- it just has a
single-user terminal access.  In particular, if you attempt to log in remotely as the same user
who is already physically logged in, the older session is closed automatically.

=====
William Kimball, Jr.
"Programming is an art form that fights back!"  =)