[CLUE-Talk] help with spammer information

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 12:36:31 MST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:01:13 -0700, Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:
> Where it could really hurt is if you are trying to conduct business
> through your Web site with non-technical members of the public. If
> you're not doing that, then I don't think this does you any material
> harm.

Most companies that have this problem (and there are many) do
something like this:

http://www.citibank.com/domain/spoof/learn.htm

http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial/

You could put a link like that on your web page to let people know
that these aren't coming from you.  You could also start PGP signing
your emails to prove what _really_ is yours.

Greg