[CLUE-Talk] rdesktop

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Mon Nov 8 02:11:52 MST 2004

Chris Schock wrote:

> There is also a cooperative feature to let multiple people see the screen
> at once, but I haven't used it. From looking at the Windows XP options,
> this was intended as a remote helpdesk feature.

Anyone else working or has worked at a company that completely ignores
this feature, even though XP is now the desktop standard, and installed
OTHER software to do the same job?

Sorry, not very Linux-related and probably OT, but I just find the
Dilbertisms entertaining.

To be fair, the software they're using also gives them installed
software audit information to help them keep from blowing their allowed
number of licenses of various things.

And they will never "get" why Free Software could rescue them from
themselves.  All the additional pain for three things... Outlook, Visio,
and Excel.  Outlook and Excel are pretty easily replaced with Free
variants to at least a somewhat successful degree.  Visio is a tougher
nut to crack.

Perhaps that's a way to keep this on-topic -- anyone know the killer
drawing app that is as "easy" to use for the masses as Visio that's Free
or at least Open Source?

I'm asking but I'm not expecting much out of that question... and no,
Xfig probably doesn't cut it.  Gimp probably has the power but is too
confusing for the average Salesperson.  I remember a project named Kivio
for KDE, but haven't looked at it in a long time.  Any thoughts?

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com