[CLUE-Talk] Is Qwest likely to allow me to use Cisco 675 modem on new DSL installation?

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Oct 13 06:48:11 MDT 2004

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Nate> The 678 does both, if I remember correctly.
>
> It can do either, but it requires a firmware load for the type, ie,
> there is a CAP firmware and a DMT firmware. You have to flash it with
> the one you want to use. It's not as easy as a configure option. ;(

Ahh... they must have put stickers on the 678's after flashing them at
some point... must be what I remembered from years and years ago.  A
friend was on CAP early on, but it was long gone after I finally moved
far enough into town to get rid of my SDSL circuit from Rhythms.  (Heh
there's a memory-lane company name for ya...)  So I've always been on
DMT here.

Nate