[CLUE-Talk] Re: [CLUE-Tech] <OT> gmail again

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 15:50:43 MDT 2004

<sorry for the continued off topic stuff>

This could all be made easier with some of the daemons allowable with libgmail:

http://libgmail.sourceforge.net/

++++++++++++begin excerpt+++++++++++++
Use your Gmail account as a SMTP server

The library now includes a demonstration utility gmailsmtp.py that
sets up a SMTP proxy on port 8025 of your computer to enable you to
use a standard mail client (e.g. Mozilla, Mail.app) to send messages.
(Attachments are now supported.)

Have KMail configured to email encrypted mail to your localhost SMTP
server and you are off to the privacy races...

BTW - Gmail offers SSL access to the webmail.

Greg