[CLUE-Talk] (OT: Humor) If you were an OS...

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net
Thu Sep 23 09:25:43 MDT 2004

>From a /. poll that is currently running.  There are some more
interesting comments on this poll as well. ;-)

--- Crawford

If I were an OS...

Windows would be the dumb jock/jockette giving each other viruses all
the time, and putting the beat down on your hardware. I guess windows
3.1 would have to be the elementary school version of same jock.

OS/2 would have to be a clever though socially inept type, living in a
cabin in the woods. Shades of unabomber.

OSX would have to be the super trendy people in your office, talking
about the newest music while sipping their 10 dollar a cup coffee based
beverages and looking down their noses at people.

DOS, would then be a little autistic kid. Aww. Don't pick on the little
autistic kid.

Linux would have to be the reliable and productive, though unappreciated
types. No viruses, so no sex. They aren't always that pretty to look at.
Always talking about how much better they are than everyone else.
Definitely your geek type.

I chose linux; yea I may be a geek, but I'm a cheap date, and my uptime
is measured in years.