[clue-talk] D-Link DWL-AG660

dperkins at techangle.com dperkins at techangle.com
Wed Apr 6 09:03:16 MDT 2005

I can get this card to work if I do it manually by doing:

ifconfig ath0 up
dhcpcd ath0

But the boot script doesn't work.  At least part of the trouble is the
iwlist command in ifup.  It works if I run it as a normal user, but fails
if the kernel or root runs it.

Ifup also seems to want to see an
/etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.ath0 file or directory, otherwise
it won't run ifup.  If that file exists, it looks  in
/etc/sysconfig/network-devices/SSL for a directory named after the ESSID.

This script was written by someone for LFS.  I don't know what the distros
use.