[clue-talk] Prqctical distribution

J j7s12b at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 19:39:52 MDT 2005

On Friday 15 April 2005 21:05, Walter Hildebrandt wrote:
> Suse 9.2 is installed on my computer.  I have been unable to get help to
> setup my Internet connection.  This is the first thing I tried to do
> with the computer.  Not being able to get help for the Internet setup
> makes Suse impractical for me.  Is there any distribution of Linux that
> is practical for a new users?

I tried Suse when 9.1 came out and I was happy with it, so much so that I
installed on all the machines my family uses in the house, ages range from 5
to 40 years old. I find Suse meets my needs nicely for a desktop OS in the
home. I haven't had connectivity problems.

I have and do still use many other distributions of Linux and none of them
connect to the internet unless done properly. So this is the first step, the
first question you should be asking, what went wrong?