[clue-talk] New form of proprietaryness for Linux

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 09:04:36 MDT 2005

On 4/16/05, Kevin Cullis <kevincu at orci.com> wrote:
> How's this for a new twist:
>
> Pssst... Free Linux! Only $799!
>
> http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=0320023P23Y8

Yeah, I just loved that when I read it. It makes me even prouder of
groups like CentOS who are now milking the RedHat Enterprise solutions
which, in turn, have been for years and for profit milking the efforts
of an international army of FOSS types.

When you fit this together with the article "Here comes the backlash"

http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2005041501526OPBZDV

it makes a pretty good case for the power of FOSS.

--
 Collins
       When I saw the Iraqi people voting three weeks ago, 8 million of them,