[clue-talk] Slashdot

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Sun Apr 17 22:43:56 MDT 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:01:07 -0600
Joe \ wrote:

> Hey Jed,
>
> > Have they stopped running Micro$oft ads?
>
> I don't see any in the current issue.
>
> I really don't have a problem with it if they do - so long as running
> ads has no effect on editorial content, it's really no skin off of my
> nose if Microsoft wants to spend money to put its ads in front of
> Linux users.
[...]
> At what point do you draw the line?
[...]
> (Of course,
> there's also the question of the content of the ads, and the
> organization's reputation. I'd boycott any publication that ran ads
> for NAMBLA or the KKK, for example.)
>
> But, to answer your question, I don't think they're running MS ads at
> the moment. Whether that's because Adam has made a decision to stop
> running MS ads, or because MS has stopped placing orders for ads, I'm
> not sure.

Well hey, I just asked. But sure, it's their decision, based on revenue,
etc. -- they can do what they want. But as you said, I can choose not to
buy based on that too. When the MS ads first appeared, I thought it was
pretty odd -- well, actually, it was a little jarring. So I quit buying
it.

--
http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E